- Wash the beets and remove the top and root. Leaving the skins on, slice the beets in 1″ sections. Make sure they are small enough to fit onto a spoon, but large enough that you feel their hearty flavor.
- Wash the beet greens well and gather them in a bundle stacked on top of each other. Slice in 1″ ribbon sections crosswise.
- Wash the celery and chop into 1/2″ pieces.
- Wash the cilantro, gather in a bundle and chop in 1/4″ pieces (including the stems).
Make sure you can still see some whole cilantro leaves intact.
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add the celery and sauté for a minute or two until the color brightens.
- Add the sliced beets and repeat. Squeeze the lime juice into the beets and celery and stir.
- Now add the water, apple cider vinegar and whole peeled garlic cloves (if sick or detoxing) and bring to a boil.
- Add the beet greens and cilantro and simmer for only three minutes. Turn off the flame and adjust the seasonings with Celtic sea salt, and cayenne (optional).